...art is a by-product of the experience of being with yourself, of living within patience. -- Robert Beer

4.7.06

Current Concentration





Material

- Papuan craft
- replica of Majapahit terracotta beads
- replica of tiny beads of Timor
- cow bell
- black cord

Concept

I fell for this craft from Papua in a craft exhibition. The man looks alive. His face speaks, the body moves. Not just a figure without expression. He looks more alive after wearing tiny beads choker from Timor. Many Papua men like to decorate self with accessories.

The intermingled string with beads big and small shows the hard current. The current in his behind is calmer.

He focuses himself on the current that lies in front, not in the back.

Date: 3 July 2006 23:58

1 comment:

Belinha Fernandes said...

Your also quite productive yourself!I liked the Timor beeds!I have a friend there.He was my boss once!These two last collages are new but the other are not.I made it while I was trying to get an idea for a book cover.I have 50 collages more or less.Some of them are terrible.I will not post it!!