...art is a by-product of the experience of being with yourself, of living within patience. -- Robert Beer

23.9.06

I see it anywhere..

Illustration Friday: Phobia


The topic is challenging. It took me an overnight to think about how to express phobia. I Googled the word and found a very long list of name. Uuh.. It's not easy to differ 'fear' and 'phobia' because phobia can go as detail too.

This afternoon I decided to grab some. Here:

Chorophobia- Fear of dancing.
Chromophobia or Chromatophobia- Fear of colors.
Chronophobia- Fear of time.
Cibophobia- Fear of food (Sitophobia, Sitiophobia)

Now it's easier for me to express someone's fear. When we fear of something, we feel like we 'see' our fear anywhere. In a plate of food, under the plate, as napkins, among the veggies,.. Haunting. It's all over!!

Materials: D&G, Landsend, Storm, Ameriprise ads and a page from Oprah.

17 comments:

Tiger Mouse said...

Thank you for your comment on my site! I'm glad I don't have fear of colours - it would be very limiting to have to draw in black and white only! This collage is actually a bit claustrophobic - gets across the feeling of phobia well!

Michelle Lana said...

great work!

andrea said...

Hey -- this is a great approach for this topic. Very original.

AscenderRisesAbove said...

wonderful collage! really brings across your message

kat coyle said...

I think you captured a phobic feeling in this peice. I found it hard to illustrate phobia.

michael dailey said...

great collage effect, totally captures ur writing about phobias

Abbie said...

Excellent collage! It look like they are all sitting on the plate together.. very nice!
:)Abbie

murphy girl said...

nice collage!

Meltem Sozer said...

Beautiful collage.

String said...

Great worried face - love your work, very original.

Amy Zaleski said...

How horrible it would be to have a fear of food. I just can't imagine it. Interesting collage. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

the enigma said...

yum yum.. how people can fear of food is beyond me... i love foods. hi hi.. eh tapi aq gak gendut loh. cuman bagian perut agak2 memalukan. :-D

Princess Pepper Cloud said...

Interesting approach to phobia, I like the way this turned out.

Sea Angel said...

Very nice and colorful!

belinha said...

Hello!I must scan a collage to send you - I lost all scaned collages.I must do it again.I don't remember the one you pic.But I'll check comments for it!!!

Ellen said...

Clever interpretation of the theme!

Sandra said...

I really like how you've interpreted the word. It's true, I see my fears everywhere when I am overcome by them. Great work with the collage!